At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you’d fit in great with us!
We are looking for a Warehouse Associate who will join our Hawthorne team in Phillipsburg, NJ.
Starting Pay at $19.80
What you’ll do in this role:
- Work within our shipping, receiving, or replenishment teams
- Safely and efficiently pull product from the warehouse for delivery to local customers
- Unload, breakdown, and stow incoming product
- Operate varying types of equipment including a forklift, pallet riders, pallet wrapper, order picker
- Work closely with other warehouse personnel to ensure timely completion of tasks
- Contribute to a fun and fast-paced working environment
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management skills
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Ability to perform with a sense of urgency and accuracy
- Strong desire to provide excellent customer service
- Experience with product pulling/tracking computer programs is desirable
- Experience operating warehouse equipment (forklift, order picker, pallet riders, etc.) is desirable
- Must be able to lift 55lb. products periodically throughout the day with no physical limitations
- Ability to operate efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Clear written and verbal communication
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
Offer extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental, and Vision coverage.
401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
13 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy.
Fitness Club Reimbursement ($350)
Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), and Scotts Young Professionals.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
Up to 34 paid days off each year
13 paid company holidays
12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
2 community service days
Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
Basic PPO Plan
Premium PPO Plan
High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, and Sick Time
Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children
401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
Adoption, fertility, and surrogacy assistance
10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
Tuition reimbursement for Professional Certifications, Associate and Bachelor degree programs, and graduate degree programs
To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scott's. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families, and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high-quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters, and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug-free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law