Wana Brands is the #1 infused edibles company in North America with operations in 12 states and Canada, and growing! Wana is currently hiring a Sales Director that will help promote Wana Brands by managing sales operations in Colorado. The person will manage the sales teams in Colorado as well as developing and executing sales support and marketing strategies, meeting quarterly goals, and providing guidance and training to teams.
- Direct and coordinate sales activities in Colorado market
- Manage sales team and support staff in Colorado including sales reps, merchandising manager and admin.
- Set sales goals and conduct quarterly reviews
- Manage day to day decisions of the sales team
- Manage quarterly promotional strategies and budget
- Work with Data Analysts to better understand pricing and promotion environment in state
- Utilize business analytics software to communicate or present information for business strategy decision making, and to monitor sales goals
- Manage Salesforce software with regards to CO team
- Assist sales team in cultivating high level relationships (owners and other key people) in dispensaries
- Manage sales side of new product launches and provide input into innovation pipeline
- Provide sales training to the team on an individual and group level
- Facilitate weekly sales team meetings
- Liaison for sales team with other areas in the company around operational issues
- Manage CO communications with marketing (swag, eblasts, displays etc )
- Manage Learn Brands Colorado to insure proper trainings
- Monitor competitive pricing landscape in market
- Be in the field with sales team 2x per week
- Ensure merchandising, budtender education and pop up strategies are optimal for success
- Passion for Wana Brands and knowledge of the industry
- Strong ability to model and train teams on consultative selling methods.
- Ability to motivate and inspire sales team
- Experience and knowledge of selling premium quality grade products and managing broad portfolio of products
- Persuasive sales ability, including ability to effectively position Wana products against competitors
- Ability to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external partners, maintaining them over time.
- Prior account relationships in cannabis and/or CPG wellness
- Ability to build high level relationships with owners and buyers of major accounts
- Previous sales management experience in CPG and/or cannabis
- Clearly communicate information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Persistence, positive attitude and desire to hustle and build market share
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Ability to build relationships and rapport
- Flexible schedule and ability to work some weekends and evenings
- Proof of Covid-vaccination is mandatory
Preferred Education and Experience
- Prior cannabis account relationships
- Prior sales management experience
- Prior sales CPG management experience with strong analytical background
This position has overall supervisory responsibility for the Colorado Sales Team.
This position will be remote but travel is required. The candidate must live in Colorado. Wana Brands is based out of Boulder, CO.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. Ability to travel by vehicle, sometimes overnight will be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly works normal business hours, Monday – Friday. Some weekend and night work will be expected.
Travel includes both local and out-of-the-area travel with some overnight travel expected. Travel is up to 50% of work time.
All Wana Brands employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Salary from $115,000/yr +bonus
- Health, vision, dental insurance offered to all full-time employees
- Life Insurance
- PTO and holiday pay
- Product discounts
- Pet Insurance
- Free RTD EcoPass
Wana Brands is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.