Retail Sales Manager - Electric Lettuce Alberta Arts District
Reports To: District Manager
Schedule & Travel: Full-Time, Minimal Travel, Open Availability (nights, weekends, holidays)
Electric Lettuce is your local, neighborhood dispensary operating on a higher frequency. Our stores offer a nostalgic throwback to the stoner culture of the '70s with a slightly humorous nod to the counter-culture of how cannabis was perceived by the mainstream in the past. Our stores provide a fun environment for customers and the retail team, supported by educated and passionate Grass Guides (budtenders) armed with the cannabis knowledge of today. We are actively looking for fun weirdos to join us at Electric Lettuce who are passionate about destigmatizing the cannabis industry through a phenomenal customer experience and high-quality products at a killer price. We are excited to chat with you about the opportunity to hop on this musically inspired, community-oriented adventure! Learn more at www.electricelettuce.com.
Electric Lettuce is a member of the Groundworks Industries (GW) family of brands. GW is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
Retail Sales Manager
The Retail Sales Manager is accountable for overseeing the daily operations of a cannabis retail dispensary while cultivating a strong group of professionals through training, mentoring, and development. The Retail Sales Manager is responsible for driving sales while maintaining a high level of service in a distinctive environment.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach - equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer, and Finance - the Retail Sales Manager serves as a business unit owner, overseeing the performance of their location and supporting their team in delivering exemplary customer service experiences to all customers.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
The Store Manager is accountable for four primary areas of responsibility:
People - developing and leading strong talent, developing training and team engagement for a group of cannabis professionals.
Process and Technology - being a steward of operational excellence and ensuring compliant practices in a highly-regulated industry.
Customer - fostering a customer-first environment that is welcoming to people from all walks of life.
Finance - leading your team in developing business acumen and understanding how their actions impact the financial stability of their shop and contribute to organizational goals.
Compensation and Benefits
The Retail Sales Manager position participates in a unique compensation program that includes tenure-triggered performance increases and both a team and individual bonus opportunity.
In addition to your base wage, we also offer a great benefits package to round out employee total compensation. Full-time team members are eligible for partially employer-sponsored Medical/Vision Insurance as well as voluntary dental insurance. Additionally, the company offers complimentary Short-term disability, Long-term Disability, and Life Insurance for all full-time team members. We even have a wellness program that allows you to earn cash bonuses by walking! Full-time team members also receive Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Paid Holidays, and a generous employee discount at all our locations!
An excellent candidate for this position will have:
- A demonstrated ability to deliver a differentiated customer service experience and the ability to coach others to offer the same level of excellent service
- The ability to lead others by coaching at the moment, developing staff, and curating cultures of accountability and results.
- The skills required to manage highly regulated inventory, include attention to detail and above-average organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an efficient, meaningful, and timely manner
The experience we often see correlated with success in this role is:
- Retail and customer service work that includes de-escalation and conflict resolution experience
- People leadership and supervisory experience
- Cash handling and opening and closing experience
- Cannabis industry or traditional retail experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems and various in-store technology platforms
The important requirements for this role include:
- All cannabis industry employees must be age 21 or older and hold or obtain a valid OLCC Marijuana Handler's permit
- Open availability including working nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to obtain METRC certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
Groundworks Industries and our family of brands are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are rooted in business needs, role requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, mental or physical disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need any assistance or accommodations in the application and interview process please reach out to us at HR@gw-ind.com or 971-254-4290, it would be our pleasure to partner with you!