Wana Brands is the #1 infused edibles company in North America with operations in 13 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and growing! Wana is hiring a Quality Assurance Manager in their Boulder location who will be responsible for implementing and maintaining a Quality Management System (QMS) that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of Mountain High Products. The QA Manager will be responsible for verification and validation activities associated with the maintenance of the QMS, assist the QA Director in implementing continuous improvement efforts, and monitor the QMS and report any deviations to the QA Director and Operations Director.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Issue and review QMS documentation to ensure adherence to cGMP
- Monthly quality inspections
- Assist in annual QMS reanalysis
- Verification and validation activities associated with the QMS
- Give direction and guidance when deviations occur and create CAPAs when required.
- Inform Quality Assurance Director and Operations Director of abnormalities in production.
- Assisting Quality Assurance Director in the creation of QMS documents and systems.
- Verify current employee training and re-training.
- Exercise document control procedures
- Review QMS documentation and company procedures for compliance.
- Compile laboratory test data, organize results, and communicate test results to appropriate departments.
- Monitor specifications for products, labels, packaging, and ingredients.
- Monitor all CCPs and report any deviations
- Assist Quality Assurance Director in batch investigations including root cause analysis.
- Coordinates and Solves issues with the facilities pertaining to risks to production.
- Other duties as assigned
- Have enviable organizational skills and a relentless attention to detail which allows you to create and maintain meticulous standard operating procedures.
- Able to navigate and learn software programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office, Adobe, FileMaker Pro or other customized software, and Google Apps (Mail, Calendar, Drive, Maps).
- A genuine commitment to the highest quality standards comes naturally.
- Able to maintain positive and professional work relationships in a diverse work environment.
This position has up to 3 direct reports.
This job operates in a warehouse environment onsite. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without an accommodation. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers, to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to work on your feet for up to 50% of work hours.
Ability to lift up to 50lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This position regularly works Monday – Thursday, 7:30a-6:00p. However, ability to work earlier or stay later is often required in this position.
Travel is not expected but may be needed for training purposes.
Required Education and Experience
- Knowledge of cGMP practices, HACCP certification, and PCQI.
- 2-3 years QA Experience or substitute education.
Preferred Education and Experience
- BS in Food Science, Food Safety, Business or related field.
- Previous experience in the marijuana edibles industry.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position requires a MED Badge.
All Wana Brands employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Wage and Benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered
- 3 weeks' PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Product discounts, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance, financial advisor services, and more
Diversity is an important part of Wana's mission. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability to apply. We believe that unique perspectives, experiences and identities foster and sustain a better workplace.