The Cultivation Technician, Grow is responsible for the production of high-quality cannabis crops delivered on time and within budget.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach - equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer, and Finance - the Production Assistant, Grow accomplishes results through correct irrigation practices, fertilization and nutrient management, pest identification, monitoring, and treatment.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with peers and management team to solve problems
- Positively collaborates with coworkers, celebrating success and overcoming opportunities
- Contributes to an optimistic and supportive team environment in a way that elevates morale, sharing concerns with the management team when needed
- Actively works to create cultural buy-in amongst their team, and champion organizational goals and initiatives
- Monitors and maintains environmental conditions and equipment. - observe that all equipment (including lights, fans, pads, vents, heat, etc.) is operating correctly.
- Reports all issues or anomalies to the grow leadership
- Supports the maintenance of the greenhouse environment - observe that all equipment (including fans, pads, vents, heat, etc.) are operating correctly Report all issues or anomalies to the Manager
- Supports all aspects of growing, including canopy management, watering, fertilizing, and spraying
- Follows work schedules for a crop action plan and report, mix and apply fertilizers, pesticides, and fungicides, to plants as instructed by Team Lead and other grow leadership
- Inspects plants scheduled to ascertain nutrient deficiencies, detect insect/disease/pest infestations, and train under Production Supervisor and other grow leadership to assess and resolve situations to maintain quality product
- Maintains grow-house protocols and accurate daily activity records and operation logs as directed
- Executes preventative maintenance as it relates to pests and disease.
- Maintains a clean, organized, and professional work environment.
- Responsible for executing a detailed IPM program
- Reports plant health concerns prior to them becoming an issue
- Contributes to process improvement and ensures Standard Operating Procedures are up to date and being followed
- Prepares samples for terpene and potency testing
- Performs preventative maintenance of lab equipment
- Maintains Lab Inventory
- Support all organizational goals to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Foster a collaborative spirit that allows for excellent cross-functional work and results
- Continually seek efficiency gains and cost savings across designated function
- Other duties as assigned
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High attention to detail with a low tolerance for unmet expectations
- Possession of "soft skills," including the ability to communicate thoughtfully and with respect toward others. A positive, flexible attitude and a common-sense approach are essential
- Ability to manage personnel issues including disciplinary actions with confidence and equality
- Ability to deal with complexity
- Must be able to multitask and deliver measurable results
- Results-driven, with a strong emphasis on data to qualify approaches and outcomes
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) production software, and the State tracking system
- Self-motivated to achieve goals
- A high degree of flexibility, which includes weekend and holiday work hours, a strong work ethic, and an entrepreneurial spirit
- Motivation towards process improvement, with an ability to be creative in streamlining process and flow of systems
- Trustworthy and hardworking with a commitment to an excellent attendance record
- Marijuana Handler's Permit must be obtained prior to employment
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Groundworks has the right to add, revise, or eliminate job duties at any time.
Groundworks is both Equal Opportunity and At Will. The company does not discriminate on basis of race, age, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Either Groundworks or its employees can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates and or employees with disabilities.