A Project Manager, or PM, is responsible for leading a team of professionals in completing projects by a set deadline to uphold business initiatives. Their duties include dividing up their budget for different project aspects and advocating for additional funding when necessary, hiring freelance professionals or selecting project team members from existing departments and setting or adjusting project schedules to adhere to deadlines. This role will function in two parts: first as a PM for NuProject programs/processes and second as an “in-house’ PM for the startups we fund.
Project Manager duties and responsibilities
Over the course of a project, the Project Manager will need to communicate with staff and clients, make decisions and monitor the progress of the project to keep it on schedule. Important responsibilities for a Project Manager include:
- Creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines
- Delegating tasks on the project to employees best positioned to complete them
- Making effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with the project
- Serving as a point of contact for teams when multiple people are assigned to the same project to ensure team actions remain in synergy
- Communicating with executives or the board to keep the project aligned with their goals
- Performing quality control on the project throughout development to maintain the standards expected
- Adjusting schedules and targets on the project as needs or financing for the project change
Start-UP Project Manager
At NuProject, we are building generational wealth for BIPOC in the cannabis industry. One third of our lives is spent at work, and sometimes it feels like most of that time is spent hunting down professional support services, event planning, finding misplaced coworkers, and sitting in meetings that could have been settled with an email. We want to change that.
Here at NuProject, we are a passionate and scrappy team coming together from a wide range of backgrounds to solve incredibly complex problems and build impactful ventures.
Right now, we are looking to hire a Project Manager. You will work with a team of creative, supportive, data-driven cannabis startup champions. You'll work hard both as an individual contributor and as a team member, but at the end of the day you and your work will matter. You also will have the opportunity to shape what project management and technical development look like in our company.
What you will do:
- Work with a talented team to execute projects.
- Organize work and focus the team on what needs to be accomplished.
- Connect granular tasks to longer-term strategic objectives.
- Prioritize in a time-crunched, fast-paced environment.
- Serve as the key liaison between leadership, professional service support, and the client-facing team.
- Help smooth friction points throughout the company.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with project-management tools and measurement methods
- Flexibility and the willingness to adapt to meet the needs of the team.
- Someone who is comfortable in a fast-paced and ever-evolving environment.
- A life learner who is constantly working to improve their professional knowledge.
- An entrepreneur, always looking to improve processes.
- Someone who can thrive in a remote environment.
At NuProject you will:
- Work on big, difficult challenges that affect millions of people nationally.
- Join a team that cares about learning, development, and growth.
- Contribute to the development of exciting businesses that people want to support.
- Innovate in emerging areas of cannabis like access to capital for BIPOC [funding and mentor networks], diverse career opportunities and venture acceleration
- Work from home… or anywhere else in the world!
We know we will ask a lot of you, but this is an incredible opportunity to join a fast-growing and motivated team with no ceiling.
Job Type: Fully Remote with some in-person events and meetings as needed.