The Production Assistant-Post-Harvest supports operations within their assigned unit including, but not limited to the production of pre-rolls, and post-harvest division.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach - equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer, and Finance - the Production Assistant ensures the delivery of high-quality results in a timely and efficient manner that are reflective of the organization's brand standards.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Contributes to the completion of production plan by following scheduling and assignments, accomplishing work tasks, and following established priorities
- Diligently follows all written work instructions including but not limited to product recipes and formulas, Standard Operating Procedures, checklists, and other instructions as needed
- Assists in maintaining the inventory of raw ingredients, work in process and finished product
- Maintains machinery and reports any necessary repairs in a timely manner
- Identifies and raises any concerns or inefficiencies within current procedures appropriate to their supervisor
- Maintains workflow by following standard operating procedures, contributing to the implementation of cost reductions, and following reporting procedures and systems.
- Adheres to the company's quality standards and actively reports any perceived variance in product quality in a timely and appropriate manner
- Prepares work areas and materials for processes as requested
- Cleans and maintains company equipment and tools as needed, including product molds, trimming tools, production equipment, and other areas as needed
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by practicing instructed use of all supplies, tools, and equipment, while adhering to compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures that team members and facilities are prepped for next day production
- Follows company policies and procedures regarding work quality, dress code, and regulatory compliance
- Actively ensures that their area of the business is functioning in a compliant manner, engaging the compliance team when needed, appropriately up-leveling any concerns, and in a kind, positive manner holding their teammates accountable to a standard of compliance as well.
- Initiates and fosters a spirit of collaboration and cooperation
- Attends weekly departmental meetings
- Maintains a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating to team members, managers, clients, co-workers, and employees, in a respectful and professional manner
- Assist Team Leads and Production Supervisor as needed with duties within the scope of the position
- Maintains a current understanding of organizational objectives and how their work informs those goals
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers as needed
- Maintains accurate inventory and counts as needed to support efficiency
- Ensures product is tracked compliantly and accurately in all areas of work
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Strong organizational, planning, and time management skills.
- Solid problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage a large volume of detail-oriented tasks across multiple locations and teams.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Motivation toward process improvement with an ability to be creative in streamlining processes and flow of systems.
- Approachable, mindful, and positive.
- Familiarity with regulatory systems standards for the cannabis industry, and Microsoft software.
- Hold a valid Marijuana Handlers Permit and Food Handler's Card.
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the cannabis space.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Have an interest in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks' mission.
- Ability to stand, walk, sit and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for several hours continuously
This document describes the general nature and level of work performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Groundworks has the right to add, revise, or eliminate job duties at any time.
Groundworks is both Equal Opportunity and At Will. The company does not discriminate on basis of race, age, sex, religion, marital status, or sexual orientation. Either Groundworks or its employees can terminate the employment relationship at any time with or without cause. Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates and or employees with disabilities.