Retail Sales Supervisor - Electric Lettuce Hillsboro
Reports To: Retail Sales Manager
Schedule & Travel: Full-Time, Minimal Travel, Open Availability (nights, weekends, holidays)
Electric Lettuce is your local, neighborhood dispensary operating on a higher frequency. Our stores offer a nostalgic throwback to the stoner culture of the '70s with a slightly humorous nod to the counter-culture of how cannabis was perceived by the mainstream in the past. Our stores provide a fun environment for customers and the retail team, supported by educated and passionate Grass Guides (budtenders) armed with the cannabis knowledge of today. We are actively looking for fun weirdos to join us at Electric Lettuce who are passionate about destigmatizing the cannabis industry through a phenomenal customer experience and high-quality products at a killer price. We are excited to chat with you about the opportunity to hop on this musically inspired, community-oriented adventure! Learn more at www.electricelettuce.com.
Electric Lettuce is a member of the Groundworks Industries (GW) family of brands. GW is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
Retail Sales Supervisor
The Retail Sales Supervisor position serves as a key leader within the shop, supporting both operations and people management as directed by the Retail Sales Manager. As the second-highest-ranking position within the store, they support three primary categories of work including leading people, overseeing compliant dispensary operations, and successfully driving a sales culture. In partnership with the Retail Sales Manager, the supervisor role is a key leader within the store
Compensation and Benefits
Retail team members participate in a unique compensation program that allows them to earn tenure-triggered performance increases and have the opportunity to earn team-based bonuses!
In addition to your base wage, we also offer a great benefits package to round out employee total compensation. Part-time employees are eligible for Sick Time, Vacation Time, and a generous employee discount at all our locations!
An excellent candidate for this position will have:
- A demonstrated ability to deliver a differentiated customer service experience and the ability to coach others to offer the same level of excellent service
- The ability to lead others by coaching at the moment, developing staff, and curating cultures of accountability and results.
- The skills required to manage highly regulated inventory, include attention to detail and above-average organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an efficient, meaningful, and timely manner
The experience we often see correlated with success in this role is:
- Retail and customer service work that includes de-escalation and conflict resolution experience
- People leadership and supervisory experience
- Cash handling and opening and closing experience
- Cannabis industry or traditional retail experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems and various in-store technology platforms
The important requirements for this role include:
- All cannabis industry employees must be age 21 or older and hold or obtain a valid OLCC Marijuana Handler's permit
- Open availability including working nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to obtain METRC certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
Groundworks Industries and our family of brands are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are rooted in business needs, role requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, mental or physical disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need any assistance or accommodations in the application and interview process please reach out to us at HR@gw-ind.com or 971-254-4290, it would be our pleasure to partner with you!