Part-time Retail Sales Lead - Serra Downtown
Reports To: Retail Sales Manager and Retail Sales Supervisor
Schedule & Travel: Weekend availability required, Part-Time, Minimal Travel, Open Availability (nights, weekends, holidays)
As Purveyors of Quality Drugs since 2016, Serra has offered a sophisticated, artistic, and innovative experience to the cannabis lifestyle. Through both Serra retail experiences, and premium product lines, we offer an inspiring take on cannabis while looking to destigmatize the industry through excellent service and quality. We are actively looking for team members to join the Serra team of leadership and Docents (budtenders) who are passionate in our pursuit of giving our customers a unique perspective of what is possible in the cannabis market through our retail showrooms and our product offerings. We're excited to talk with you about the opportunity to join the Serra team! Learn more at www.shopserra.com.
Serra is a member of the Groundworks Industries (GW) family of brands. GW is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
Retail Sales Lead
The Retail Sales Lead acts as a shift leader, deploying the crew throughout the shift in a way that best supports customers and team members. This job supports Store Management in leading a team of retail associates to maintain a superior cannabis experience for our customers and acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of Store Management.
Compensation and Benefits
Retail team members participate in a unique compensation program that allows them to earn tenure-triggered performance increases and have the opportunity to earn team-based bonuses!
In addition to your base wage, we also offer a great benefits package to round out employee total compensation. Part-time employees are eligible for Sick Time, Vacation Time, and a generous employee discount at all our locations!
An excellent candidate for this position will have:
- A demonstrated ability to deliver a differentiated customer service experience and the ability to coach others to offer the same level of excellent service
- The ability to lead others by coaching at the moment, developing staff, and curating cultures of accountability and results.
- The skills required to manage highly regulated inventory, include attention to detail and above-average organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to give and receive constructive feedback in an efficient, meaningful, and timely manner
The experience we often see correlated with success in this role is:
- Retail and customer service work that includes de-escalation and conflict resolution experience
- People leadership and supervisory experience
- Cash handling and opening and closing experience
- Cannabis industry or traditional retail experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office platforms
- Familiarity with Point of Sale systems and various in-store technology platforms
The important requirements for this role include:
- All cannabis industry employees must be age 21 or older and hold or obtain a valid OLCC Marijuana Handler's permit
- Open availability including working nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
- Ability to obtain METRC certification within 30 days of hire
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours
Groundworks Industries and our family of brands are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind. All employment decisions are rooted in business needs, role requirements, and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, mental or physical disability, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
If you need any assistance or accommodations in the application and interview process please reach out to us at HR@gw-ind.com or 971-254-4290, it would be our pleasure to partner with you!