At the Hawthorne Gardening Company (HGC) we want our people to empower more people to garden no matter where and how they choose to grow. We accomplish this by encouraging people to live happier, healthier lives through gardening. If you also feel this way then you’d fit in great with us!
At Scotts Miracle-Gro, we think people are like plants....in the right place you will grow and flourish. Are you an advocate of making the world a more beautiful place by inspiring others, championing new ideas, and being intellectually curious? Are you not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty? If so, then we want you as part of our Scotts family… the world's largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden care products!
We’re looking for a Manufacturing Maintenance Supervisor (7pm-7am) who will join our Manufacturing and Distribution facility located in Marysville, OH.
If you enjoy a fast-paced and high-energy manufacturing environment then you will fit in well as a Maintenance Supervisor for Scotts Miracle-Gro. On a day-to-day basis, you will supervise and lead a team of mechanical and electrical maintenance technicians.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Lead a team of 11 associates.
- Delegate work and ensure that our manufacturing site is operating at an optimal level.
- Develop and coach maintenance personnel.
- Work with the Maintenance Manager to identify issues and reduce or eliminate financial loss associated with equipment repair or unnecessary downtime.
- Ensure that plant equipment and safety systems are operational.
- Perform routine inspections and adjust our preventative maintenance program as necessary.
- Partner with our process engineers to identify improvement opportunities for the plant.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- B.S. in Business, Engineering, or a related field.
- 3-7 years of engineering or maintenance experience.
- Prior experience leading teams of people and delegating work.
- Knowledge of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance systems.
- Demonstrated ability to execute complex projects.
- The ability to plan and organize by setting goals and priorities to accomplish results. Proven capability to evaluate, assess, and manage cost, functionality, and timing relationships.
- Interpersonal communication skills are needed to communicate business and technical needs to technical and non-technical personnel.
- Ability to work off shifts and weekends.
What we do for our associates (just to list a few cool ones):
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation, and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner, and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility, and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- Tuition reimbursement for Professional Certifications, Associate and Bachelor degree programs, and graduate degree programs
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
Here at Hawthorne/ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel…
A flexible work environment is provided through remote, hybrid, or in-person experiences best aligned with the business needs.
Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align with your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and vision coverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner, and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%) as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
We know our talent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization’s success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It’s much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility, and surrogacy.
Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education, and sustainability: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employees’ Network, Scotts Veterans’ Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthen
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scott's. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families, and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Not interested in this role? Check out our other career opportunities and learn more about what it’s like to work at Hawthorne Gardening Company by accessing our Talent Network: HGC Talent Network
The Hawthorne Gardening Company is a start-up company focused on hydroponic gardening. Dedicated to creating high-quality products founded in social and environmental responsibility. Backed by the largest lawn and garden company in the U.S. (Scotts Miracle-Gro, NYSE: SMG) we bring new ideas, values, and culture to our endeavors without the constraints of a large corporation. We are an energetic, progressive-minded, sustainability-focused group of highly-motivated individuals, eager to share our love of gardening with the world.
The brands and products within our portfolio include Sunlight Supply, General Hydroponics, General Organics, Vermicrop, Botanicare, AeroGarden, CanFilters, and Gavita Lighting.
Hawthorne Gardening Company is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug-free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Hawthorne Gardening Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Hawthorne Gardening Company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law