Lead Cannabis Sales Associate
Schedule & Travel: Full-time minimal travel within the region
Groundworks Industries is home to a family of retail brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis education and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture.
To be successful in this role, you'll want to bring a wealth of customer experience to the table and either a passion for or genuine curiosity about cannabis. You would join a team of 5-10 cannabis professionals and be an integral leader in delivering excellent service to our communities.
Our stores span from the Oregon Coast to as far east as Gresham. We are currently soliciting applicants for Lead Sales Associate roles at our Electric Lettuce Old Town Location.
Learn more at https://www.gw-ind.com/
Lead Sales Associate Job Description
The Lead Sales Associate acts as a shift leader, deploying the crew throughout the shift in a way that best supports customers and team members. This job supports Store Management in leading a team of retail associates to maintain a superior cannabis experience for our customers and acts as Manager on Duty in the absence of Store Management.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the Sales Associate supports the shop goal of facilitating a welcoming environment that creates unique customer service opportunities.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
The Lead Sales Associate is accountable for four primary areas of responsibility:
People Effectively communicate with team members, speaking up as issues or concerns arise, and sharing those quickly and concisely with the management team to quickly solve problems.
Process/Technology Efficiently opens and closes the store, maintaining a clean, stocked, and well-presented sales floor, and accurately process transactions, holding team members accountable for both
Customer Actively works to educate the crew on industry science and product knowledge, seeks to connect with a diverse spectrum of customers and clients, works to solve problems around customer service, and challenges the team to deliver customer service in a friendly, attentive, and knowledgeable manner.
Finance Maintains exemplary cash handling skills, adherence to company operation policies, and works side by side with the store leadership team to develop business acumen and achieve store team goals.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in retail, service, or hospitality
- 2+ years' experience overseeing and leading shift and store operations
- 2+ years' experience giving direct feedback to employees
- Attention to detail, strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Friendly demeanor, engaging manner, and strong work ethic
- Flexibility to 'fill in' and work in various capacities based on business needs, e.g. on a sales floor
- Solid management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback in a timely manner
- Approachable, mindful, and positive
- Hold a valid driver's license and have reliable transportation for commuting among locations within the assigned region
- Hold a valid Marijuana's Handlers Permit
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal and company regulations required for working in the cannabis space
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Have an interest in the cannabis industry and be culturally aligned with Groundworks' mission
- Internal candidates must have been in their current position for at least six months
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases.
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily.
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours.