Wana Brands is a leading infused edibles company in North America with operations in 14 states, Puerto Rico, Canada, and growing! Wana is hiring an HR Manager who will focus on administration and HR compliance for the company of 100+ employees located in multiple states. With the partnership of the Sr. Director of CSR & HR, this person will be responsible for managing the HRIS and ATS platforms, employee onboarding and off-boarding, benefits administration, annual reporting, legal compliance, and assisting with the strategy and promotion of the company’s mission, vision, and values.
Job Duties and responsibilities:
- Performs benefits administration, leading open enrollment, adding and terminating members, auditing monthly enrollments and invoices, communicating new programs Manages the employee life cycle from recruiting to onboarding, I-9 verification, performance management and voluntary and involuntary terminations.
- Stays up-to-date on employment laws in multiple states, implements policies and updates handbooks when needed, distributes applicable state labor law posters, and works with payroll to set up employment-related taxes in each state
- Develops and maintains affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; and maintains other records, reports and logs to comply with EEO, OSHA and other state and federal regulations
- Responds timely to unemployment claims and files worker’s compensation claims
- Assist in talent acquisition and recruitment processes, working closely with management to strategize recruitment practices to support internal DEI programs, and facilitates interview process to provide a great candidate experience
- Conduct employee onboarding and help organize training & development initiatives
- Be an exceptional resource to employees at all levels in various HR-related topics such as , PTO, FMLA, parental leave program, benefits and payroll, and resolve any issues that may arise
- Attends trainings and seminars regarding employment law and other HR practices, maintains membership in HR communities
- Promote and suggest new HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Assists with performance management and review process
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like employee turnover rates, employee engagement
- Maintain employee files and records in electronic and paper form
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, applying new perks and benefits and organizing team building activities
- Assists executive management in the annual review, preparation and administration of the organization's wage and salary program.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization's policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters and compensation
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, HRIS and ATS platforms
- Experience in benefits administration
- Highly knowledgeable on employment/labor laws
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well with employees at all levels
- Comfortable leading meetings and training presentations
- Strong attention to detail and an analytical mindset
- Positive attitude and strong work ethic
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office setting.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, working normal business hours from Monday-Friday. This person must live near Boulder or metro-Denver.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in human resource management or a related field or equivalent education, training and experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in a human resource generalist role.
Preferred Education and Experience
- HR Certification
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Have a MED Support Badge or be able to obtain a MED Support Badge upon hire.
All Wana Brands employees are required to be fully vaccinated.
Wage and Benefits:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance offered
- 3 weeks' PTO + 8 paid holidays
- Product discounts, tuition reimbursement, pet insurance, financial advisor services, and more
Diversity is an important part of Wana's mission. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, and disability to apply. We believe that unique perspectives, experiences and identities foster and sustain a better workplace.