Groundworks Industries is home to a collection of brands that seek to provide knowledgeable, and artful experiences that set new standards for the purchase and experience of cannabis. We are looking for folks who are passionate about cannabis and want to help us move the dial forward on building an inclusive and professional cannabis culture. We are actively recruiting for a Director of Marketing and Brand to lead our marketing and creative teams and continue to drive innovation and excellence.
The Director of Marketing and Brand directs and oversees all Marketing and Branding functions at Groundworks Industries. They design, implement and monitor effective marketing strategies that align with the organizational mission and goals. Additionally, the Director of Marketing and Brand oversees a team of marketing and creative professionals.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
The Director of Marketing and Brand position leads an amazing team of professional marketers and creatives and empowers them to do their best work. The right person for this role thrives in collaborative environments and builds relationships across functions easily.
Responsible for developing the overarching strategy and plans for the marketing team, this leader has a unique opportunity to innovate within the cannabis industry, setting a standard for marketing and brand initiatives that differentiate our products and brick and mortar retail experiences. This work spans an omnichannel approach to engaging the cannabis consumer, working in partnership with our retail and technology leaders.
This role is the champion of the consumer, moving forward the work of deepening our relationships with existing consumers and forging relationships with new ones to manifest in meaningful business. This includes implementing innovative strategies across digital, mobile, and social strategies that drive business outcomes build brand awareness.
The Director of Marketing and Brand also serves as a data-driven leader, enabling the team to develop strategy empowered by thoughtfully curated data and metrics. As a marketing and creative leader, this role will be accountable for optimizing spending and continually offering strategic insight through reporting and analysis.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Creative Vision.
- Strategic Communications.
This position manages and supervises a team of professionals ranging from 5 to 8 individuals.
- Proven work experience as a Marketing Director or other senior marketing or creative role
- Demonstrable experience designing and implementing successful marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated knowledge of SEO, web analytics, and Google Adwords
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strategic mindset, with the ability to make difficult decisions
- Ability to stand, walk, sit and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors, and in some instances staircases.
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily.
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, dust masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours.
- Ability to drive a motor vehicle for several hours continuously.