Chalice Brands Ltd. (“Chalice”), is a vertically integrated cannabis company with shares listed on the Canadian Securities Exchange (“CSE”) and the OTCQB under the trading symbols “CHAL.CN” and “CHALF” respectively. Chalice is headquartered in Portland, Oregon and operates twelve dispensaries two cultivation and one product manufacturing operations in western Oregon. The company also conducts operations in California and Nevada.
The Corporate Controller supports the growth of our business through the development and leadership of the company’s accounting team, processes and enabling technology. The results of this effort yield efficient and effective transaction processing, external and internal reporting and integrated data management to support decision support analysis.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides leadership, supervision and competency development for accounting team members.
- Prepares periodic internal and external financial reports on a business entity and consolidated basis. Develops and maintains company-wide accounting policies and procedures based on IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards) and requirements of public trading exchanges. Responsible for internal control design and maintenance.
- Leads financial statement audits and quarterly reviews performed by external CPA firm.
- Leads governmental tax filings as required by local, state, and federal authorities. Coordinates work performed by external tax service providers as appropriate.
- Performs cash management duties and forecasting to ensure subsidiaries are adequately funded and intercompany transfers and transactions are appropriately managed.
- Collaborate with executive team to make efficient and effective firm-wide operation possible
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for the leadership and direct supervision of the accounting team.
- S degree in accounting; active CPA license preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an accounting leadership role for a multi-entity organization reporting results on a consolidated basis.
- Comfort level with IFRS reporting and the ability to research and implement standards.
- Understanding of agricultural cultivation and manufacturing cost accounting principles and their application.
- Experience with cloud-based ERP implementations and upgrades in a multi-entity manufacturing setting.
- Ability to develop and implement annual career development plans for accounting team. Should also be able to develop cross-training plans to raise financial competencies of other departments at Chalice.
- Must be eligible to obtain an OLCC Marijuana Workers Permit.
- Example of integrity, honesty, collaboration and teamwork.
- Ability to synthesize a fact pattern into a clear and concise message expressed either orally or in written formats. Ability to partner effectively and communicate respectfully across all lines of business.
- Approaches problems with initiative, a sense of urgency and a predisposition for results.
- Believes in continuous learning and inspires other to do the same.
Majority of work is performed in an office environment.