The Trimming Technician is directly responsible for efficiently trimming cannabis plants, upholding Groundwork's quality standards while creating minimal waste, resulting in a high-quality product that is compliant and ready for sale or processing.
Informed by a 'Balanced Scorecard' approach equally emphasizing People, Process/Technology, Customer and Finance the Trimming Technician upholds the highest of quality standards while processing product in an efficient manner.
This is accomplished by way of a respectful, constructive, and energetic style guided by Groundworks' core values and long-range objectives.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Effectively and efficiently communicates with peers and management team to solve problems
- Positively collaborates with coworkers, celebrating success and overcoming opportunities
- Contributes to an optimistic and supportive team environment in a way that elevates morale, sharing concerns with management team when needed
- Actively works to create cultural buy-in amongst their team, and champion organizational goals and initiatives
- Communicate known issues to the management team to ensure a smooth flow of operations within the company
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating to team members, managers, clients, coworkers, and employees in a respectful manner
- Follow company policies and procedures regarding work quality, dress code, and regulatory compliance
- Efficiently manicures cured cannabis utilizing an "on the stem" style of trimming and maintains minimum production quotas
- Efficiently prepares freshly harvested cannabis for curing
- Maintain the cleanliness of the workspace while executing post-harvest duties
- Responsible for maintaining a quality product
- Average yield requirement of 2+ lbs. per day trimmed.
- Other duties as needed within the scope of the position
- Support all organizational goals to deliver exemplary customer service.
- Foster a collaborative spirit that allows for excellent cross-functional work and results
- Continually seek efficiency gains and cost-savings across designated function
- Other duties as assigned
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Ability to visually identify common cannabis-related pathogens
- Ability to use data-tracking software (Excel) for accurately weighing and recording trim weights
- Operates with integrity and honesty
- The ability for staying focused and performing repetitive tasks continuously through a shift
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills
- Works in a timely manner and strives to increase productivity
- Detail orientation and drive for maintaining a high-quality product
- Marijuana Handler Permit must be acquired prior to the start of employment
- Must be and remain compliant with any and all legal or company regulations required for working in this industry
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to stand, walk, sit, and kneel daily in retail and production environments that include concrete or other hard-surface floors and, in some instances, staircases
- Ability to push, pull and carry up to 50 pounds multiple times daily
- Ability to maintain focus and memory in environments with distractions such as heavy foot traffic, background noise due to public conversations and the gathering of people, etc.
- Absent conditions that would prevent the occasional use of PPE such as safety glasses, masks, etc.
- Ability to sit at a desk and work at a computer for several contiguous hours