Job Purpose: This job contributes to Chalice Farm's success by leading a team of store employees to create and maintain the Chalice experience for all customers. The Assistant Store Manager is responsible for the overall day to day operation of the store in the absence of the Store Manager and required to carry out the overall operations as guided by the Store Manager. Ensuring customer satisfaction, product quality, safety, security & compliance within the store, with a goal of advancing to a Store Manager position.
Description of Duties/Tasks: (In addition to all job duties listed under the Product Specialist)
- Displays a customer comes first attitude by training and holding employees accountable for delivering the highest level of customer service
- Set an example and encourage all employees to meet and exceed the company’s goals and objectives on a consistent basis
- Manages with integrity, honesty, and knowledge that promotes the culture, values, and mission of Chalice Farms
- Being competent in all aspects of work being done by Receptionists, Product Specialists, Shift Leads
- Assist Store Manager with the Hiring, Training, Developing, and Motivating team members.
- Being aware and having a working understanding of all company policies and regulatory compliance requirements
- Assist Store Manager with Planning, identifying, communicating and delegating appropriate responsibilities and practices to store employees to ensure smooth flow of operations
- Ensure cleanliness, organization, and attractiveness of store’s interior and exterior and a personal professional appearance in line with the company’s brand image & housekeeping standards
- Assists Store Manager with Forecasting, scheduling, and monitoring labor to be consistent with stores sales, product development
- Assist Store Manager with execution and drive all sales promotions effectively and efficiently, while tracking progress towards goals
- Assist Store Manager with weekly inventory audits and tracking/ordering of product from our Wholesale Purchasing Dept
- Leading excellent customer service through in-the-moment coaching, role modeling, and utilizing customer feedback to reinforce and improve the quality of service
- Assist Store Manager with review of daily POS, METRC reporting and employee clocked hours for accuracy
- Follow inventory control procedures to reduce product loss.
- Scheduling regular meetings with Store Manager to discuss successes and areas of opportunity for development.
- Ensure effective succession planning by identifying and developing future leaders with an interest and potential to grow
- Being a champion of Chalice Farms inside and outside of the store
Must possess required knowledge and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be performed.
- 21 years of age or older
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Proven advancement in a supervisory role
- OLCC Marijuana Worker’s Permit
- Exceptional interpersonal skills – You are energized by working with people; both guests and team members
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with Flowhub and/or METRC preferred
- Attentive to detail, punctual and dependable
- A bias towards action – You are an owner who does not hesitate to roll up your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- The desire to coach and mentor – You see potential in your team and enjoy growing and fostering that potential
- The ability to multitask with strong attention to detail
- Ability to listen and take directions quickly